Areas In Which a Family Lawyer Can HelpOn September 17, 2020 by Walter Powell
Very few aspects of life are more stressful and emotional than issues revolving around family legal matters, especially in cases when families are in the process of breaking up. That’s why it’s important to find a compassionate and caring family lawyer Scranton PA who not only knows the law inside-out but can also assist in counseling and guiding one thought these emotional times.
Areas In Which A Family Lawyer Is Needed
The following are critical areas where family layers are often required:
- Divorce. When a marriage breaks up it is not finalized until a court enters a divorce decree and approves of the divorce settlement.
- Alimony. Alimony is the court-mandated financial assistance for one of the former spouses after the divorce. Every case is different and the court decides on the amount, if any, to be provided.
- Child Custody. Custodial and visiting rights, relocation of one or more of the parent, a modification of custodial agreements as time goes by are all areas in which a family lawyer is indispensable.
- Division of Property. Also known as “division of the marital estate“, this is when courts determine who gets what with regard to physical property.
Other Areas in Which Family Lawyers Can Help
Families, couples, and partners go through a wide variety of experiences that are totally unrelated to family breakup that may require or benefit the legal expertise of a family lawyer. Some of these are:
- Pre- and post-nuptial agreements
- Adoption proceeding
- Court representation on a variety of topics
- Wills, trusts, and other family financial matters
When family matters become subject to legal considerations, it’s definitely time to involve a competent family lawyer. In addition, to competence, you’ll want one who is kind, compassionate, and able to arrive at mutually agreed-upon conclusions. They can help family members resolve conflicts in a mutually agreed-upon manner when emotions become elevated..
- October 2022
- September 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- July 2020